The Archon 2nd International Conference on Religious Freedom
Become a part of The Archon 2nd International Conference on Religious Freedom, Dec. 4-5
With the blessings of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, the Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate invite you to attend and participate in the Archon Second International Conference on Religious Freedom: "Tearing Down Walls: Achieving Religious Equality in Turkey." It will take place in Berlin, Germany, December 4 and 5, 2013. This important conference promises to be an extraordinary, historic and watershed event, just as the first religious freedom conference was in November 2010 at the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium.
Once again, politicians, diplomats, human rights lawyers and advocates, scholars, religious leaders, journalists and members of minority communities will come together to see how the walls of intolerance and misunderstanding can come tumbling down, and a new future for all people of goodwill can begin.
The conference is being organized and hosted by the Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle, Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate in America in cooperation with the Patriarchal Liaison Office of the Orthodox Church to the European Union. The Greek Orthodox Metropolitanate of Germany, with the blessings of His Emience Metropolitan Augoustinos, is also assisting in the coordination with local political and church partners.
This historic event is open to the public.
Day 1: Monday, December 2
Depart on Air Berlin non stop from JFK Air Berlin 7249.
Departs JFK at 5:55 pm.
Day 2: Tuesday, December 3
Arrive Berlin 7:30 am. Transfer airport to Berlin.
Orientation & City Tour
Orientation tour including the highlights of Berlin:
The Berlin Wall and Museum
Check Point Charlie
The Brandenburg Gate
Short stop for coffee.
In the evening, welcome reception and dinner at the Adlon Hotel
Day 3: Wednesday, December 4
Conference Day I
The Archon's Second International Conference on Religious Freedom Day I
Lunch at the Käfer Restaurant at the Bundestag (German Parliament)
In the evening, a VIP reception at the US Embassy
Day 4: Thursday, December 5
Conference Day II
The Archon's Second International Conference on Religious Freedom Day II
Lunch at the Adlon Hotel
Reception & Dinner
Cocktail reception and farewell dinner
Day 5: Friday, December 6
Museum Island Tour
Morning half day tour of Museum Island including the Pergamum Museum, named after the ancient Greek city and housing the Acropolis of Pergamum, the Market Gate of Miletus, the Ishtar Gate of Babylon and other prized treasures, and one other art museum on the island.
Afternoon half day tour of three specialty Christmas markets.
Day 6: Saturday, December 7
Depart at 8:45 am on Air Berlin 6439 for Dusseldorf with arrival at 9:55 am.
Connect for Air Berlin 7450 departing Dusseldorf at 1:05 pm and arriving at JFK at 3:30 pm.
* Itinerary is subject to change.
$3,075 plus $515 air tax /fuel surcharge = $3,590 (per person)
$4,275 plus $515 air tax /fuel surcharge = $4,790
Deposit of $1,000 per person due by October 10, 2013 or late reservation fee of $50 per person will apply.
Checks made payable to: Cloud Tours, Inc., 31 09 Newtown Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11102
The above rates include the following services:
- Round trip air JFK Berlin JFK on Air Berlin
- Early check in to Adlon Hotel on December 3
- Four nights hotel accommodation at the superior deluxe Adlon Kempinski including daily breakfast, service fees, and taxes
- All private transfers
- Private sightseeing with a deluxe motor coach and English speaking guide as follows;
- Orientation tour of Berlin including the Berlin Wall and Museum with a coffee stop
- Half day tour of Museum Island including the Pergamum Museum and one art museum
- Half day Christmas mart hopping tour with visit to three specialty Christmas Marts
- Welcome reception and dinner at the Adlon Hotel
- Participation in the Archon's Second International Conference on Religious Freedom for two days at the Adlon, with Day I lunch at the Käfer Restaurant at the Bundestag (German Parliament) and Day II lunch at the Adlon.
- Reception at the US Embassy
- Farewell reception and dinner.
Make your reservation by contacting....
31 09 Newtown Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11102
5 Issues of Concern
Daily Scripture Readings
The Hurriyet Daily News reports on 'Hagia Sophia, Halki mark religious freedom panels' by Vercihan Ziflioğlu
Join Our Mailing List